In what was not surprising, WWE worked the death of Paul Bearer in to this week’s Raw to build the Wrestlemania match between CM Punk and The Undertaker. The show began with Undertaker paying homage to his former manager with the patented urn atop a ceremonial pedestal. Punk soon interrupted and said he was sorry for the Phenom’s loss. A shocking line that Punk re-clarified by saying “loss at Wrestlemania”. Punk said that to Paul Bearer Undertaker will always be perfect, but after Wrestlemania he will always be 20-1 to the WWE Universe. Kane then hit the ramp to chase Punk off through the arena.
Later in the night Punk would face Kane in a No DQ match. During the bout The Undertaker’s gong hit distracting Punk and allowing Kane to get the victory, but in the ultimate insult Punk took the Urn and smashed it over the head of the Tag Team Champ.
While some fans may have found this to be in poor taste it should be noted that Bearer’s children were present at the show and they would have been fully aware of the angle.
Also this week Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman responded to Triple H‘s Wrestlemania challenge with a resounding YES! But not before taking out Hunter’s former DX partners the New Age Outlaws, who were amidst their match with Team Rhodes Scholars. There was a catch however, Heyman said that Brock would only accept the match if Triple H accepted their chosen stipulation, and this would not be revealed until after The Game signs the contract.
- CM Punk confronted the Undertaker and was chased off by Kane.
- Big Show def. Seth Rollins via Disqualification after The Shield interfered and power-bombed the Giant.
- Dolph Ziggler def. Daniel Bryan after AJ distracted the referee and Langston got involved. After the match AJ promoted Langston to teach Bryan a lesson for mocking her last week.
- Fandango refused to face Tensai, but said Naomi was the only one with rhythm.
- Brock Lesnar attacked The New Age Outlaws and addressed Triple H’s challenge.
- Mark Henry def. Kofi Kingston.
- The Bella Twins returned to the side of Team Rhodes Scholars.
- Alberto Del Rio def. U.S. Champion Antonio Cesaro.
- The Miz and Wade Barrett appeared on “The Highlight Reel”. Brad Maddox had to calm down the egos, announcing that Miz would take on Jericho, with the winner challenging Barrett for his title on next week’s Raw.
- Chris Jericho vs. The Miz ended in a No Contest after Barrett interfered. Brickie announced the match next week would be a Triple Threat.
- Kane def. CM Punk, but was then attacked with the Urn.
Category: TV and PPV | Tags: Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, The Undertaker, Triple H