- Punk denies Shield involvement, says his title was stolen and is put in a Raw Active challenge.
- Ryback def. U.S. Champion Antonio Cesaro, with the Shell Shocked.
- Jack Swagger def. Santino Marella, with the Patriot Act (renamed Ankle Lock).
- Alberto Del Rio def. Cody Rhodes, with the Arm Breaker, and challenged Big Show to a rematch.
- Daniel Bryan def. Rey Mysterio, with the NO! Lock, Mark Henry returned and cleaned house.
- Sheamus def. Kane, after Daniel Bryan distracted him.
- Brock Lesnar crashed “Miz TV” with Paul Heyman and delivered an f5 to the Miz.
- Randy Orton def. Wade Barrett (again!)
- CM Punk def. Chris Jericho, with the GTS.
- Brad Maddox called out the Shield, and the locker room came to Maddox’s aid.
CM Punk Still Angry:
Although we still don’t have a hint about who Punk’s Wrestlemania opponent will be, we now know it won’t be Brock Lesnar. Instead of shifting the blame on to Heyman for making the deal with the Shield nehind his back, he heeled it up, and in a delusional fashion went with Heyman’s claim that it wasn’t him on the tape and because Punk himself was not on the tape, he was screwed out of the WWE title. Booker T who is somehow now the Managerial Supervisor for Raw, interrupted Punk’s bitter diatribe and booked him in a Raw Active Challenge. Despite the App breaking mid way through, fans chose his opponent as Chris Jericho, over Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton. Punk ultimately came away with the victory after two Go To Sleeps. If Punk is to remain in that top bracket, the only logical opponent for him at Wrestlemania is the Undertaker, and it’s still not clear if he wants to show up this year due to health and money issues.
Del Rio Personally Delivers Big Show’s Contract:
Now they’re in Atlanta and out of the Hispanic loop, Del Rio was exposed as not being as popular as TV viewers might be expecting. This week there were no “Si Si” chants, rather a few “whats”. Regardless the feud with Big Show is quite entertaining thanks to their continuous out of ring brawls, and this week they took it to a hotel. Following a quick squash of Cody Rhodes (god help him if that’s what splitting up Rhodes Scholars means) Alberto Del Rio challenged Big Show to another match. Show cut in live via satellite and asked for the contract to be delivered to him. The Giant may have got more than he bargained for when towards the end of the show the contract was delivered, but with Del Rio close behind. They brawled throughout the hotel, with the Mexican Hero getting the upper hand by clonking Show with a Fire Extinguisher. With guests looking on Del Rio calmly exited via the elevator. It will be interesting to see what kind of match can top their previous stipulations.
Kane and Daniel Bryan splitting up?:
It seems following their elimination of each other from the Royal Rumble, Dr. Shelby’s work on Team Hell No has come undone. This week the Tag Champs looked close to breaking up when Kane laughed off the seriousness of their friendship backstage and Bryan barred the monster from joining him at ringside in his match. Following Bryan’s victory over Rey Mysterio the returning Mark Henry decimated Bryan, Sin Cara and Mysterio. If Bryan didn’t want any help, Kane wasn’t going to give it. Later in the night when Kane took on Sheamus, it was Bryan who caused the distraction. By the evil glint in his eye it seems when they do eventually break up it will be Bryan playing the heel. That would be a good way to put over his ruthless technical ability, similar to how it was done with Chris Benoit. It looks like they’ll be facing each other at Wrestlemania. As for Mark Henry it seems he’s signed a new contract which was being stalled over Royal Rumble.
It was Vickie who Signed Brock Lesnar:
Some glaring plot holes were filled this week, which would explain why Brock Lesnar was allowed past security, entered via the ramp and had his music cued up for his attack on Mr. McMahon last week. During Miz TV with Paul Heyman, Vickie Guerrero revealed that it was her who re-signed Lesnar. Miz did not buy Heyman’s compulsive lying and fake sorrow for the fate of Vince, but that didn’t bode well when Brock Lesnar entered the ring and declared it his house! And somebody needs to give Heyman an Academy Award for his acting ability, still nobody can touch his ability to cut a promo.
Justice Served to the Shield:
Rather than John Cena it was Brad Maddox who jumped the gun to call out the Shield. The rookie who was manipulated by Paul Heyman and then thrown to the wolves, may have bitten off more than he could chew. But as the Shield from Injustice made their way to the ring, to put the “wannabe” in his place for thinking he’s a Superstar, Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins were served some cold hard justice of their own. Out from the crowd came John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus, and from the entrance came a host of other wronged Superstars looking for revenge. Can you spell 6 man tag?
- After Raw went off the air, John Cena and Ryback def. CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler, after Big E. Langston and AJ were sent to the back for interfering, and Cena hit Ziggler with the Attitude Adjustment.
- WWE.com have officially announced that Cena, Ryback and Sheamus will face The Shield at Elimination Chamber.
- On Twitter Jericho thanked the fans for voting for him to face Punk:
“THX to all the amazing Jerichoholics who voted for me to face @CmPunk tonite! Hope u got what u wanted-cos THAT was a wrestling match babay!”
- WWE issued a Press Release regarding Bruno Sammartino’s Hall of Fame induction, with quotes from Vince McMahon.
“Having sold out more than 200 shows at Madison Square Garden and being the longest reigning WWE champion in history, Bruno Sammartino is truly ‘The Living Legend,’” said the WWE Chairman and CEO. “This is an extraordinary and historic moment to have Bruno take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame.”
Category: TV and PPV, Wrestling News | Tags: Brock Lesnar, The Miz