Last night’s 3-Hour Raw from Detroit saw Edge make a one off return to motivate John Cena, the tense contract signing between Brock Lesnar and Cena, CM Punk forced to prove his Straight Edge lifestyle, and Randy Orton kidnapped Paul Bearer as payback for Kane.
- Edge returned and recounted his brutal TLC match with John Cena and the time Cena threw him in to the Long Island Sound river. He said he had what it takes and needs to defeat Lesnar at Extreme Rules because represents WWE and Lesnar doesn’t care about the company.
- Chris Jericho def. Kofi Kingston, with the Codebreaker.
- GM John Laurinaitis hired Eve as his Executive Administrator.
- WWE Champion CM Punk received a liquor basket from Chris Jericho.
- Lord Tensai def. R-Truth.
- Orton returned the favor by kidnapping Kane’s father, Paul Bearer, and locking him in a freezer backstage. Kane said he didn’t care and the two ended up brawling.
- Jericho sneaks in to Punk’s locker room and finds him sipping out of a plastic cup and one of the liquor bottles half empty.
- John Laurinaitis orders CM Punk to take a sobriety test.
- Brock Lesnar assaults josh Mathews.
- Nikki Bella def. Beth Phoenix to become the new Divas Champion, after Phoenix injured her ankle.
- CM Punk passed a public field sobriety test and then attacked Chris Jericho.
- Kane saves Paul Bearer but then puts him right back in the freezer.
- Brock Lesnar and John Cena contract signing: Lesnar demands several clauses including oversight over Laurinaitis’ future decisions, access to Mr. McMahon’s private jet, the preference to show up on Raw SuperShow only when he wants, no fines of any kind for his actions, and finally, if he wins on Sunday, Raw has to be named to “Monday Night Raw: Starring Brock Lesnar.”
- In a dark match prior to the show Antonio Cesaro defeated JTG.
- After Raw went off the air John Cena & WWE Champion CM Punk beat Chris Jericho & Kane in the dark match main event.
- Santino Marrella will face The Miz at Extreme Rules.
- WWE.com posted more details about Beth Phoenix’s injury:
“It looks like she affected her anterior talofibular ligament, which is the most common injured ankle ligament on an inversion injury,” Sampson told WWE.com.”She has some swelling, [and] she’s having a hard time walking or ambulating on it. We’re going to need an MRI just to make sure there’s nothing else going on and see how we can treat it – if we need surgery or if we can do it conservatively.”
Category: TV and PPV |