WWE stars Tweet after the PPV:
Here are various Tweets made by WWE stars following last night’s Elimination Chamber PPV…
Chris Jericho on the Chamber match:
“Great match at #EliminationChamber tonight!! Hard hitting,violent, action packed…one of my faves. And w over 30 min inside, my record grows”
Mick Foley praises the Shield:
“Impressive showing by the SHIELD, especially Ambrose. Very fluid; disturbingly poetic in his style and movements.”
Jim Ross praises Dolph Ziggler:
“@HEELZiggler is special. A little of Mr Perfect, hint of Billy Gunn, & a pinch of @ShawnMichaels. But mostly he’s himself. #WWEChamber. I hope fans truly undstand how high I am on @HEELZiggler when I compare him 2 Perfect, @realbillygunn & great @ShawnMichaels. #WWEChamber”
Jim Ross on the main event:
“@TheRock beats @CMPunk & it wasn’t pretty but it was a #wrestlemania trip winning victory. Controversy? Yep. #RAW Monday! #WWEChamber”
John Cena on The Rock’s win:
“Congrats @TheRock …… I’ll see you at #thedance @WWE get ready for #WM29 4/7/13″
Antonio Cesaro after defeating The Miz:
“Even with Miz stooping to new lows and resorting to cheap shots, I am still YOUR #USChampion #WWEChamber”
Big E Langston after taking out Kofi Kingston:
“Tonight, the posse turns a new leaf: Get WHC Or Die Trying. For the Love of WHC. WHC’ll Make Ya Jump, Jump.”
Ricardo Rodriguez on Zeb Colter:
“Well this is gonna be interesting! Alberto Del Rio w/Ricardo Rodriguez Vs Jack Swagger w/Mustache guy at Wrestlemania. Btw, this Mustache guy looks like he’s going on a safari adventure and didn’t get to see the lions and thats why he’s mad.”
Wrestlemania 30 New Orleans Announcement:
WWE held a Press Conference today in New Orleans to announce the Superdome as the location for next year’s Wrestlemania 30 (XXX)…
The conference included comments from Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, the New Orleans mayor, The Rock, John Cena and lots of other city officials, WWE personnel and wrestling stars.
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu issued the following prepared statement:
“We are proud to have played host to some of the greatest sports and entertainment events in the world over the past two years, and hosting WrestleMania is a great way to continue this unprecedented streak. We look forward to hosting WWE and its global fan base as they celebrate this historic milestone at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.”
What to expect from tonight’s Raw:
WWE.com has issued the following preview points for tonight’s Raw…
- Punk finds himself out of the WWE Title picture for the first time since November 2011. But given that this is CM Punk we’re talking about, further shenanigans are likely to ensue. What trickery will the former WWE Champion pull off to facilitate his return to the mountaintop?
- In The Shield’s second sanctioned WWE bout at Elimination Chamber, the imposing trio of Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns conquered a veritable “super team” in John Cena, Sheamus & Ryback — a chilling victory in the name of what the imposing trio calls “justice.” The Shield now casts its collective gaze down the final stretch of The Road to WrestleMania … and the potential targets that are known only to the black-clad triumvirate. Of the NXT standouts’ opponents at Elimination Chamber, it was Ryback who appeared most frustrated in the wake of his team’s loss, storming up the entrance ramp and leaving his bewildered allies puzzled in the ring. How will Ryback respond to his defeat at the hands of The Shield or, perhaps most importantly, who would be foolish enough to get in the juggernaut’s way on Raw?
- The rejuvenated Jack Swagger scored a surprise victory in the Elimination Chamber Match and punched his ticket to Springsteen country, where he’ll challenge Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania in MetLife Stadium. Swagger’s turnaround from his disappointing (and ultimately cut-short) 2012 has been outstanding, and victory in the Chamber — not to mention the tutelage of Zeb Colter — seems to have finally put him on the proper path back to World Title glory. How will the “Real American” kick off his WrestleMania journey?
- Of course, there is still one wrinkle left in the World Heavyweight Championship picture: Dolph Ziggler and that ubiquitous Money in the Bank contract he’s been toting around since July. The Showoff has proven himself a most patient player when it comes to cashing in his contract, having waited out three separate World Champions — Sheamus, Big Show and now Del Rio — thus far. But WrestleMania is quickly approaching, and there’s no bigger show for Ziggler to steal. Will he look to redeem his free pass at the “Big Gold Title” before The Show of Shows? Or does he have a larger scheme in mind?
- Looks like it’s down to The Rock and John Cena again. Only this time, the stakes are higher than anyone could have ever predicted, and the WWE Championship — not merely bragging rights — is what’s up for grabs on The Grandest Stage of Them All. With The Rock having fought hell and high water to claim his eighth WWE Championship and Cena having vowed to make 2013 his year, the only question remaining is who wants the victory more in the biggest rematch in history? Monday will give us our first semblance of an answer.
Jackie is a vicious alcoholic who has physically beaten him several times — once even assaulting him with a glass object — so says Ric, and now he’s asking a judge for a protective order.
Ric filed docs in response to his wife’s legal separation papers — calling Jackie “cruel” and “barbarous,” and claiming she has endangered his life in drunken fits of rage … multiple times throughout their marriage.
In the docs, Ric says Jackie went after him — back in February 2010 — with a glass object and “shattered it over his forehead, cutting him severely, and requiring medical attention.”
Ric also claims Jackie — his 4th wife — was once arrested for DUI with a blood alcohol level of .22 … nearly three times the legal limit.
Even though they’ve been separated since December … Ric says he’s still terrified of his estranged wife, and is now asking the court for a domestic violence protective order.
Category: Wrestling News |