The UK Impact tapings continue this week, with tonight’s episode coming from the Wembley Arena in London. The Hulkster kicked things off running down the card and announcing that he’ll be picking Jeff Hardy‘s Lockdown challenger later in the evening; so the locker room better bring their A game.
The decision was not easy. To begin with Brooke tried to play the family card, saying Bully deserves the shot because he’s never been champion. She said her husband wanted to be just like Hulk (which may explain last week’s Hulking up) and got in to the business because of him. The Hulkster reminded his daughter that although he’d love to have a son-in-law as champion, Bully has hurt his quad and that he needs to remain objective towards the rest of the TNA talent.
As the show came to a close Hogan was about to make his decision when out of nowhere the Aces and Eights circled the ring. Perhaps swinging the ultimate decision in his favor, Bully hobbled down the ramp with a metal chain, and somehow managed to back the whole of the motorcycle crew down (so much for dominant heels). Sting then ensured their departure by handing out a host of bats, including a more UK friendly cricket bat!
It looks like we’ll have to wait for the second episode from London for the decision.
- Magnus def. Daniels with a Driver maneuverer. After the match the hometown hero said his life has been refueled since Aces and Eights took him out with the hammer.
- Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe ends in a non contest after Wes Brisco and Garrett Bischoff interfere. The rookie club members are no match for the veterans however.
- Tara, Gail Kim & Jesse def. The Blossom Twins & Marty Scurll. After the match Gail says she’s the most dominant Knockout in the company and thanked “blond bimbo” Taryn Terrell for doing her job “for once”. She then proceeded to demand a Knockout’s title match from GM Brooke Hogan. Brooke obliged, but she’d also have to face Miss Tessmacher and Velvet Sky. The match is booked for next week.
- James Storm def. RVD with the Last Call Superkick.
- Backstage Joesph Park is on the Campaign trail and asks Hulk Hogan for support. Hulk tells Park that this is not what the boys mean when they talk of backstage politics and that he needs to go ask them to explain what a “rib” means.
- Supposedly looking to impress Hulk Hogan, Austin Aries vs Bobby Roode turned in to a playground squabble. First they argued over who should take the “finger poke of doom” and lay down, Aries eventually obliged, but kicked out at the last minute. During the match the pair then both bashed a chair on the mat while the ref was down to make it seem like each other had used it as a weapon.
Quite how this impresses Hulk is not clear. In the end former Tag Champs Chavo and Hernandez came out in their gear to distract them causing a double count out.
Category: TV and PPV, Wrestling News |