December 31, 2012, WWE Raw Results:
This week’s episode of WWE Raw centered around the John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler/AJ Lee feud. While on Miz TV at the start of the show John Cena received an invite to Ziggler & AJ’s special New Year’s toast. During the segment Miz and Cena were interrupted by Team Rgodes Scholars so a tag match was booked, which they ultimately won. At the end of the show Cena decided to accept his invitation, but rather than toasting the pair he sent a shower of “smelly mess” from the rafters.
Also on the show Randy Orton joined Ryback in a brawl against the Shield and Wade Barrett finally defeated Kofi Kingston for the IC title, after the Bull Hammer elbow.
- John Cena guest-starred on “Miz TV”
- John Cena & The Miz def. Team Rhodes Scholars, after Cena hit the Attitude Adjustment.
- U.S. Champion Antonio Cesaro def. Sgt. Slaughter with the Neutralizer.
- WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No def. 3MB.
- Mr. McMahon addressed CM Punk’s WWE Title Match with Ryback; ruling that if Punk is not fit to compete next week, Paul Heyman will have to take his place.
- Sheamus def. Dolph Ziggler via Disqualification, after Big E. Langston interfered.
- Divas Champion Eve def. Mae Young via Forfeit, after it was revealed that the elderly star was “with child again” (NO JOKE). After Eve posed, Kaitlyn attacked.
- World Heavyweight Champion Big Show def. Ricardo Rodriguez via Disqualification, after Del Rio got involved.
- Wade Barrett def. Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston.
- Ryback, Sheamus and Randy Orton brawled with The Shield.
- John Cena crashed Dolph Ziggler and AJ Lee’s New Year’s toast.
Evan Bourne and Curt Hawkins Updates:
Evan Bourne noted on Twitter yesterday that he’s not going to be able to make it to Royal Rumble:
“If you didn’t know, the Royal Rumble is my personal favorite PPV/match! But no matter how hard I train, my foot will not be ring ready by RR”
The high-flying star is still rehabbing a broken foot and ankle following a motorcycle accident.
Curt Hawkins who is out after knee surgery says he’s using DDP Yoga to help with the recovery:
“Did some @DDPYoga this weekend for the first time since my injury. Felt great. I’m at the end of my recovery for certain.”
Who does Sheamus look up to backstage?:
WWE star Sheamus discussed his backstage influences during a recent interview with the Norfolk Navy Flagship website.
“One of the first guys to really text me or call me up was William Regal,” said the Celtic Warrior.
“He offered to help me and have me travel with him. We have the same sense of humor, same pop culture background. We got on right away from the start. He’s been a great help to me by watching my matches and critiquing them. There have been others like Triple H … Arn Anderson as well. I’m always motivated to pick the brain of people who have been so successful. Great number of minds and talents in WWE and they’re all at your disposal. It’s definitely helped me to progress faster than I would have on my own. … It’s about drive – never be happy with what you do. You can’t rest on your laurels because you’re only as good as your last match. There are a lot of hungry Superstars ready to come in here and want to knock you off your spot.”
Category: TV and PPV, Wrestling News | Tags: Sheamus