- CM Punk opens the show with no remorse about attacking The Rock last week. He said The Rock displayed a lack of respect. Big Show hits the ring and says Punk did not overshadow him costing Cena the title. Cena then comes out and brawls with Big Show.
- General Manager AJ announces that Cena will face Big Show in tonight’s main event, with the winner advancing to face Punk for the WWE Title at SummerSlam.
- Alberto Del Rio def. U.S. Champion Santino Marella in a Non-Title Match.
- Damien Sandow interrupted a dance contest between Brodus Clay and Vickie Guerrero.
- Backstage Daniel Bryan tried to tell off AJ Lee for embarrassing him and standing him up at the altar last week, but for his trouble he’s booked against Sheamus tonight.
- World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus def. Daniel Bryan in a Non-Title Street Fight.
- Following the match Bryan snapped on Kofi Kingston and R-Truth, prompting AJ to send Bryan away for a psychiatric evaluation.
- Titus O’Neil def. Kofi Kingston.
- Chris Jericho & Christian def. Dolph Ziggler & The Miz.
- Tyson Kidd def. Tensai via Disqualification.
- John Cena vs. Big Show ended in a No Contest:
As the action spilled to the outside, Big Show catapulted Cena over the announce table and into Punk, leaving the WWE Champion strewn across the arena floor. After narrowly beating the 10-count back into the ring, Cena then ducked Big Show’s WMD and lifted The World’s Largest Athlete above his head, setting him up for the Attitude Adjustment. However, Cena never got a chance to finish the maneuver as The Straight Edge Superstar stopped him with an axe handle to the back, followed by a vicious kick to the head of Big Show. Grabbing the microphone after his attack, Punk declared: “And your winner of this contest is … nobody. They’re both losers.”
Punk walked with his WWE Title straight to the back, but the new Raw General Manager wasn’t about to let The Voice of the Voiceless have the final say. AJ Lee told the WWE Universe, “Actually, CM Punk is wrong … they’re both winners,” and announced that Punk will defend his WWE Title against both Cena and Big Show in a Triple Threat Match at SummerSlam. The revelation did not make Punk a happy camper as he defiantly marched back out and demanded that AJ show him some respect. AJ just smiled and Punk continued to let loose on the new GM as Raw went off the air.
- Prior to last night’s Raw there was a small fire in the arena, stemming from a pyrotechnic malfunction. The US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio, was evacuated before fans were allowed to re-enter a short time later.
Chris Jericho posted a video of the fire on Tout:
- The “white coats” that escorted Daniel Bryan away at the end of the show were Indy stars Jamin Olivencia, Matt Mason, Joey Vengeance and Dylan Bostic.
- After last night’s Raw went off the air John Laurinaitis attacked John Cena with a chair but got reversed in to an Attitude Adjustment. Big Show tried to make the save but failed.
Category: TV and PPV, Wrestling News |